Monday, January 11, 2016

David Bowie

I started listening to international music in 1990 after the fall of communism. And one of the first hits I remember from the radio was "Ice Ice Baby" from Vanilla Ice. With this came the scandal that he copied the song from another band, Queen. So I got to listen and like "Under Pressure" from Queen, which I learned was really wrote by Queen and David Bowie.
Then Nirvana came and in their Unplugged concert they sang "The Man Who Sold the World", which later on I found out it was a cover from David Bowie, original version here.
I never searched his discography, but here and there his gems where showing up on the music stage in the 90ies, 2000, or even today: "Jump They Say", "Let's Dance" and so on.
So who was this guy, a space oddity passing by the Earth? Good bye, David Bowie.


P.S. A cover of this song was actually made on board of the International Space Station by Chris Hadfield, on of the astronauts currently on ISS

No comments: